.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Korean Beef BBQ


I've been missing the beef bbq in kimchi in Manila so I prepared some for dinner tonight. It is always served with some beef soup and bean sprouts and so I also did a side of bean sprouts as well. I wasn't sure how they prepared their bean sprouts so what I did was just to saute the bean sprouts with a little vegetable oil and minced garlic. My husband loved this dish and that means it's really good.


Ingredients:
1 lb top sirloin, very thinly sliced into strips
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tablespoons minced and roasted garlic - you can get them in jars in the produce section of the grocery)
2 tablespoons ginger, minced

Directions:
TIP in slicing sirloin: Put the meet in the freezer for an hour before slicing so that it will be easier to cut the meat into very thin slices.
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and let the meat marinade in the mixture for at least an hour. Store in refrigirator. After the marinading the meat, heat a large frying pan. Be sure to spray some non-stick cooking spray on the pan before using. Over low-medium heat cook the meat turning regularly so each side is cooked evenly. Cook the meat until dark brown. This will take approximately 10 minutes to cook. Do not overfill the pan with meat. If needed, cook in batches. Serve with white rice and a side of bean sprouts.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good! Will this be ok to do with steak cuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steak cuts? I think it will be ok if you do. Just make very thin slices. I used sirloin steak. BTW, the egg pie was really good and I feel bad I finished up the whole thing in 3 days. hmmmmp..

    ReplyDelete