.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Missing Pinakbet No More



It's been a while since I last had pinakbet. Way back home Pinakbet is often served at our dinner table but since I moved to the U.S. for some reason I haven't cooked this dish.

Thank goodness I still have some precious-as-gold-bagoong in my pantry!

Instead of using FRESH okra, I had to use the canned one. I've never seen that vegetable fresh in any of the groceries here. I wish I also have bittersweet melons (ampalaya) added to this dish though I don't think it's available or sold in this area. Anyway, here is how my pinakbet turned out. I used Barrio Fiesta bagoong (which I brought over from the Philippines), green beans (because there's no sitaw here), eggplant (I cannot find the Asian kind so I used the humongous eggplant), shrimp, pork (I used pork shoulder), okra, squash (I used acorn squash because getting the bigger variety would mean food going to waste), and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment