.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Art: 1st Grade Photography

It's a great day to teach the kids photography today.
 
I decided we need to do Art class outside for a change. The weather was good and it's a wonderful opportunity to observe different elements, shapes, colors, and textures in our surroundings.
 
Equipped with our basic point and shoot camera and a list of items to take pictures of, we were ready. I made my 1st grader read each item on the list (for reading practice). My 2 kids took turns taking pictures of the different items.
 
One item was something with a straight line.
 
 
  Another was something red.
 
 
Our list had something orange...
 
 
and something circle.
 
 
I showed them the all the pictures they took when we were done. I was pretty amazed with the photos they took. I think this is a great activity to do with kids- whether your homeschooling or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment