.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Salmon on a Bed of Greens


Whats for lunch?

Lately, I've been usually eating pan-fried salmon and some greens. It's very easy to make, healthy, and I really like the clean flavor. To cook the salmon, I just season both sides of the fish with salt and lots of pepper. The salmon I'm using is fillet style and skinless already. And then I pan-fry it in a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. I give both sides around 3 minutes or until they've browned. And then, while hot, I put it on top of a bed of spring mix greens. They've been pre-cut and washed. I like the peppery taste that those greens have and then I squeeze in some lemon to the fish and greens. On the bottom of the plate, before putting the greens in, I also squeeze in some lemon so there's a bit of lemon flavor all over. It's filling and at the same time healthy so I really love this dish.

2 comments: