Beef stroganoff is another one of my favorite dishes. This is such a heart warming dish.
I don't like ground beef on my stroganoff though so this calls for beef strips. And then my husband doesn't like mushrooms, so this recipe doesn't have mushrooms in it. But since I like mushrooms, I sauted some mushrooms on butter for me and added them to my plate. I think this is a picture of my plate where I have a little bit of mushrooms added on. But here goes the recipe of beef stroganof without mushrooms.
Egg noodles, cooked and drained (as much or as little as you want)
1 pound sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons salt, for seasoning
1 tablespoon pepper, for seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of celery soup
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream
1) Mix the salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl and generously season the meat with it.
2) Dredge the meat with a little flour.
3) In a large skillet, melt butter on olive oil then brown both sides of the meat.
4) Remove meat from pan then add onion slices on the same pan. Saute until tender and then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour.
5) Add the meat back into the pan.
6) Add celery soup and beef broth.
7) Cook covered on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8) Mix in sour cream and then the egg noodles. Serve and enjoy!