.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pork Giniling (Sauted Ground Pork Pinoy Style)


It's been a long time since I added a recipe to my blog.
Pork Giniling is one of my favorite filipino dishes. I love eating it with rice and tomato ketchup. Ketchup? You say. Yes, ketchup. Try it and maybe you'll like it too.
We have moved back to Manila and all my previous entries were written in the States. This means that I can be authentic with my ingredients but I will still try to cater my dishes to those that I know don't have access to Filipino ingredients.
I have been craving rice for meals since we moved back to Manila. I thought that I have already been "Americanized" in that I can live without rice in my diet. Anyway, today, I decided to make Pork Giniling (or Sauted Ground Pork Pinoy Style). I think it is similar to Pork Picadillo.

I know that some add diced potatoes to this dish but I don't just because I think you will already get enough starch from the rice which this dish is served with.

Pardon my ingredients list but some of them are approximations because I find myself adjusting my ingredients to taste.

Here are the ingredients that I used:
Vegetable Oil - You can use whatever oil you have. I only used a little bit just to grease the pot because the pork will give out a lot of grease as the dish is being cooked.
Onion - 1 medium and diced (With the one I made, I just sliced the onion)
Garlic - approximately 1 tablespoon
Ground Pork - 1/2 kilo
Tomato Sauce - approximately 2 tablespoons
Carrot - 1 piece diced
Raisins - approximately 1 tablespoon
Salt and Pepper to taste

To start, I greased the pan with some oil and then waited for it to get hot over medium heat. Once hot, I sauted the garlic and onion until they started smelling good. And then, I added the pork. I tried to flatten the ground pork in the pan to make sure it doesn't bunch up as one big piece as it cooks. I then added the diced carrots. Midway through the cooking process of the meat, I added the tomato sauce. After the meat is cooked, I then seasoned with some salt and pepper. I serve this dish with rice.

1 comment:

  1. Pork giniling has a lot of usage in cooking you can used this as burger patties and many more.

    philippines classified ads

    ReplyDelete