.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Potato Skins - Baked



Again, I hated to waste our idaho potatoes going bad so I thought about making this baked potato skins. I found this recipe from recipezaar and by some accident I didn't fully follow the recipe but still it turned out really good. Here goes the recipe.
These baked potato skins are great with grilled burgers. I love them because they are baked and not deep-fried.

Ingredients:
4 medium sized baking potatoes - baked (see baked potatoes recipe), cut in half and with the inside of potato scooped out (You can leave as little or as much potato you like - quarter thick. In our home, we leave a lot of potato)
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese - grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cups Cheddar cheese - shredded
2 tablespoons Bacon bits (or more if you like)
1/4 cup chives - sliced (or yellow onoins)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Combine vegetable oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Brush all over the potato skins (top and bottom).
3) Lay potatoes upside down (skin on top) for 8 minutes.
4) Top with the cheddar cheese, bacon bits and chives/onions and bake for another 8 minutes or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. My little sister served a mission in the Phillipines. I will tell her about this blog.

    PS: She loves Filipino food and has made some for us...lumpia (did I spell that right?) and halo halo!

    ReplyDelete